12.13.2010

Homemade Peppermint Mocha

Saturday night there was the usual chill in the air. And, I wanted something warm. I'd put the Mayhem Maker to bed and stressed myself out looking for her pretty princess shoes. Then it dawned on me, I had the house to myself and complete control of the remote. I mean, really, how often does that happen?
I left the 3 loads of laundry to be folded for another night and decided to curl up on the couch with Morris & Murphy. But, I needed a drink. A drink that would warm me from my toes to my nose. I thought...hhmmmmm.....maybe a cup of tea. But, that just didn't even sound appealing to me. Hot chocolate? Too sweet. A cup of coffee? As much as I love coffee, I just didn't feel like that would really cover what I was looking for. Homemade Peppermint Mocha? *ding, ding, ding* We have a winner!

So Tasty, So Good, and really, so, very, very, VERY simple! And, it sure did hit the spot!

Homemade Peppermint Mocha
4 Tbs Cocoa Powder
3 Tbs Sugar
1 cup Milk
1 cup STRONG coffee
Splash to Taste CoffeeMate Peppermint Mocha creamer

Whisk together all ingredients, except creamer, in a small sauce pan on medium to medium low heat until hot. Turn off heat and stir in creamer to taste. Pour into your favorite mug, top with whip cream (if you have it on hand) and

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment