10.25.2010

Menu Plan Monday: October 25 - October 31st

Last weeks menu sorta fell apart once the weekend got here. We had pizza as normal on Friday. I ended up cooking dinner on Saturday night. Which hardly ever happens. Granted, I took the easy way out and made croissant roll wrapped hot dogs stuff with cheese. Quick, simple, easy and only 14 minutes to golden brown yummy perfection in my oven.

But, I have to admit what killed me was Sunday. I had really been wanting some Roast Beef. Slow cooked most of the afternoon in the oven until it reached medium rare perfection. Served with gravy, taters and a veg. I'd been dreaming of it all week. Then, while standing in the meat section of the grocery store Saturday afternoon, that dream came to a screeching halt. Have you seen beef prices? Anything decent was going to cost me upwards of $20.00 or more. And, as I'm doing the math in my head I realize that $20 is almost almost 1/2 of my grocery budget. For the whole damn week. YIKES! I don't think so. I ended up making Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Breasts, smashed taters with gravy and peas.

Oh well. Maybe some day if I win the lottery my family can dine on Roast Beef. But, until then, it's chicken and ground beef and the occasional piece of pork - but only when I find it with a bright orange sticker that say "Special Today".

Have a great week!

This Week's Menu:

Monday
Breakfast for Dinner!
Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
Sausage

Tuesday
Crock Pot Chili
Cornbread

Wednesday
Chili Lasagna
*RE-Do Recipe*

Thursday
Leftovers/Cereal/PB&J night

Friday
Pizza

Saturday
*see note on Saturday from this post*

Sunday
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Green Salad
Bread

1 comment:

  1. Looking for some good meal ideas. Happy Menu planning. Have a great week.

    Nina (Author)

    www.askmsrecipe.com

    ReplyDelete