10.18.2010

Menu Plan Monday: October 18 - October 24th

Every once in a while I ask my husband if there is anything in particular that he would like to have for dinner. It is really the least I can do - as he's a good sport - always eats what I make. He only asks that I not feed him chicken more than once a week. And, so you can only imagine my shock and subsequent horror when he said "Hot Dogs & Baked Beans". I don't like Baked Beans. Even the sight of them makes me shudder. But, my husband likes them. And, as he so aptly pointed out to me, just because I don't like something doesn't mean that I can't make it for others. And, so, I'm sucking it up - and the Hubs & Madaline are having Hot Dogs & Baked Beans for dinner. Me? Most likely a bowl of cereal.

And, I must say I'm excited about this weeks Re-Do recipe. I'm not a fan of straight up left overs (unless of course it's pasta related, since that ALWAYS taste better then next day). But, my Re-Do meals? It really does not feel like I'm eating leftovers. And, it has really cut down on our food waste as well as our grocery budget. Tune in Thursday to see how it goes!

I hope everyone has a good week!!

This Week's Menu:

Monday
Hot Dogs
Baked Beans (My husband's request)
Chips

Tuesday
Crock Pot Beef Stew
Bake Off Biscuits

Wednesday
Beef Pot Pie
*RE-Do Recipe*

Thursday
Leftovers/Cereal/PB&J night

Friday
Pizza

Saturday
*see note on Saturday from this post*

Sunday
Roast Beef
Ranch, Cheddar & Bacon Oven Roasted Potatoes
Corn

3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of doing "re-do" meals. I don't do leftovers either, so now I only make the exact amount needed. If my husband is still hungry, he can eat cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...the cookie picture in your header is one to make my sweet tooth crave. =) Your plan for Sunday - Roast Beef;
    Ranch, Cheddar & Bacon Oven Roasted Potatoes; and Corn sounds like a good hearty meal...the potatoes...how do you do them?

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baked beans....but my husband doesn't.

    I only eat them a couple times during the summer so as not to piss him off.

    Great Re-Do recipe!

    ReplyDelete