8.06.2010

Molten Summer in a Pan

Ham Porter: Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?
Smalls: Some more of what?
Ham Porter: No, do you wanna s'more?
Smalls: I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?
Ham Porter: You're killing me Smalls!...
source:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108037/quotes
Summer time just isn't summertime without at least once or twice scalding the delicate skin in the corners of your mouth on a molten hot marshmallow sandwiched between a graham crackers and drenched in melted chocolate.

(fyi: Try a Resee's Peanut Butter cup in place of the Hershey Bar next time you make s'mores - and when you do - let me know - it's a sandwich full of marshmallowly peanut buttery goodness - you will LOVE me forever for sharing that little secret with you)
So...Where were we?????
Ahhh...Yes....S'more Brownies.

What is there not to like about a S'more Brownie? Nothing. At least in my opinion. You get all the goodness of both worlds. The ooey gooey goodness of a S'more and the luscious fudge-y deliciousness of a brownie. Oh my good heaven!

*drool*
S'more Brownies*:
1 Family Six brownie mix in a box + ingredients to make the brownies from the back of the box
One sleeve of graham crackers, broken into bite sized pieces
(there were 8 crackers, 4 rectangles each, in a sleeve, at least in my box)
1 bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
2-3 cups of mini marshmallows (or you can cut a whole bag of regular marshmallows into 4qtrs)

Preheat oven and mix brownies according to package directions. Pour into a foil lined 9x13 inch pan and bake per directions on the back of the box. While brownies are baking, mix your broken grahams, chocolate chips and mallows in a dish and set aside.

(Try to refrain eating this mixture and for the LOVE of all that is HOLY try to keep your toddler from picking out the chocolate chips)

About 7 minutes before the brownies are completely finished baking, remove from over and evenly distribute graham/chip/mallow mixture over to of brownies. Smoosh gently into the brownies, return to the oven, and finish baking.
When finished, your s'more brownies should be puffed, golden, molten and delicious.

*Side Notes:
~When I makes these next time - I will most likely add the extra egg to the brownie batter to make the brownies a cake like consistency. I really think it is necessary considering the weight of the topping that goes on top.


~Wait until the brownies are completely done or within the last 5 - 7 minutes. When I made this batch, I put the topping on during the last 15 minutes of baking. Since my brownies were made to be more fudge like, it took forever for the center of the brownies to get done and as a result some of my marshmallow gooey goodness melted and disappeared into the brownies.


~Also, I made this batch by cutting regular sized marshmallows into quarters. Next time, since they really are only 99 cents a bag, I won't be such a penny pincher and actually make them with mini-marshmallows to get better more even distribution when the topping is added.


~I am not usually a big fan of lining the pan with foil - but, unless you want to be scraping and scrubbing molten mallow goo off your baking dish, I highly recommend that you do.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment