10.13.2009

Its Not Delivery - It's Townsend Bakery

My sister, Molly, affectionately known as Ollie was home over last weekend for Fall Break. Since she can't eat regular Pizza, I decided to make homemade Pizza. Well, somewhat homemade. I cheated on the crust and the sauce. Wegman's makes these really fab large pizza crusts. Just layer on your toppings, stick in the oven, and 20 minutes later you have a pizza that is better than you could ever get via delivery.

I started out by slicing a nice heirloom tomatoe and one yellow bell pepper.

Then, I diced up about 1/2 a pound of bacon and fried that up. Because, well, everything tastes better with bacon.

Then, I added about 1 Tbsp. of butter some of the reaming bacon fat in the pan after I removed the bacon, and tossed in a package of sliced baby bella mushrooms.

*Remember: don't salt your mushroom when you add them to the pan, allow them to cook for about 5 minutes before you season, other wise it will take forever for them to brown up.*

Spread some Alfredo sauce on your pizza crust - We used a Whole Wheat crust. Then top the sauce with your cooked bacon & mushrooms. I then neatly arranged the tomatoes around the outside of the crust, and then piled the peppers in the middle. I popped it in the oven for about 10 minutes to give the sauce and raw veggies a chance to heat thru before adding the cheese.

Once the 10 minutes is up - I just took it out, smothered it with 2 cups of Shredded Pizza Blend cheese & slide it right back in the oven.

About 10 minutes after that, I had Pizza Heaven - right in my own kitchen. No scary delivery boy needed.

It was good. So, good in fact, that I ate two slices, my sister ate two slices, my mom ate two slices, and even the Mayhem Maker at a slice.

2 comments: